SMED WORKSHOP – TOOL CHANGE-OVER TIME REDUCTION
1. Lean principles
2. SMED Methodology
- Define the targets
- Identification of the internal and external tasks & operations
- Extract external operations that are wrongly processed
- Convert internal operations to external operations
- Reduce the execution time of operations
- Define standards
3. SMED workshop
The acquired knowledge is evaluated and validated at the end of the training through a quiz. This test is self-corrected with the participants and the trainer.
Participants will receive a certificate of participation in the training.
This training is in a workshop mode on your site with a pilot project. The animation is based on a practical situations in order to promote exchanges between participants, allow the adaptation of contributions to expectations and thus promote the operational aspect.
On request, this training can be extended to a larger area and to deployment follow-up mission.
- Production Manager
- Lean Manager
- Maintenance engineer
- Production Supervisor
- Team Leader
- Quality Manager
- Any plant collaborator
Objectives and results
- Learn and apply SMED methodology
- Reduce Lead Time and Stocks
- Improve the flexibility.
For the pilot project:
- People working on the area must participate to the workshop.
- Working area available during the workshop
The training is ensured by a expert in production and Lean manufacturing.