GD&T – Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing Practice for production
1. GD&T introduction
2. GD&T principles
3. Differences between ASME and ISO approach
4. Datums and datum systems details
5. RPS System details
6. Geometric tolerances details (Surface profile and position tolerance details highlighted)
7. GD&T Concepts (MMC, LMC, VCB)
8. Gauge design workshop with 3D printing examples
9. Conclusion and quiz.
The acquired knowledge is evaluated and validated at the end of the training through a QCM type test. This test is self-corrected with the participants and the trainer.
Participants will receive a certificate of participation in the training.
Lecture, exercises, workshops.
The training will allow you to understand the methodology of GD&T in the production automotive sector. Training based on a theory and practical examples. During the training participants simulate exercises and real case studies.
Quiz to validate the knowledge acquired Participant manual and specific support provided to the trainees.
- Manufacturing And Process Engineers
- Quality Engineers / Manager
- Project Engineers / Manager
- Cad Designers
- Inspection Staff
Objectives and results
Training is to provide an understanding of GD&T:
- datum systems,
- geometric tolerances,
- gauges solutions,
- typical design solutions used in Automotive Industry
Basic knowledge of dimensioning.
Our trainer has 15 years experience as a Senior Engineer and Internal GD&T Trainer in one of the biggest Tier1 Automotive Corporation in Europe. This opportunity lets him to use in practice the latest solutions from Automotive Industry nowadays.