- Phase 1: Introduction to the PDCA
- Phase 2: Highlight a problem
- Occurrence sheet
- Phase 3: Analyze and prioritize a problem
- Histogram / Pareto / Multicriteria Analysis
- Phase 4: Posing the problem
- Phase 5: Search, identify the root cause
- 5 Why / Failure Tree Analysis / Ishikawa diagram
- Phase 6: Choose and implement solutions
- Brainstorming / Compatibility Matrix / Action Plan / Gantt chart
- Phase 7: A3 report
The acquired knowledge is evaluated and validated at the end of the training through a quiz.
This test is self-corrected with the participants and the trainer.
Participants will receive a certificate of participation in the training.
The training will allow you to understand the process and methodology of problem solving in the automotive sector through exercises.
Quiz to validate the knowledge acquired.
Participant manual and specific support provided to the trainees.
- Quality manager
- Production Manager
- Engineer / project quality technician
- Any person involved in problem solving groups
Objectives and results
- Have a methodology to solve a problem
- Lead problem solving working groups
- Know different problem solving tools
- Implement and report the resolution of a problem according to the A3 methodology
- Problem Solving Visual Management
Experience in the automotive industry.
This training is conducted by a quality expert with many years of experience in automotive.