1. Introduction to FMEA
2. FMEA preparation
3. Build the FMEA
4. Process FMEA
- Identify process steps
- Identify functions
- Integrate special characteristics
- Determine the potential failures
- Determine the potential effects
- Assess the severity
- Determine potential causes
- Prevention control
- Assess occurrence of failures
- Detection controls
- Assess the probability of detection
- Calculate the Risk Priority Number
- Developing recommended actions
- PFMEA follow-up
5. Case study and conclusion
The acquired knowledge is evaluated and validated at the end of the training through a quiz. This test is self-corrected with the participants and the trainer.
Participants will receive a certificate of participation in the training.
Based on dynamic pedagogy and teamwork, the participants will carry out practical exercises.
Quiz to validate the knowledge acquired Participant manual and specific support provided to the trainees.
Pilot Workshop at your plant (according to your needs).
- Any person in charge of designing a process, and who needs to develop a control plan:
- Process manager
- Customer Quality Manager
- Production manager / Process Engineering technician
- Project quality technician
Objectives and results
- Understand the FMEA tool and be able to lead working groups
- Apply an adapted methodology
- Lead working groups in the search of solutions to eliminate the causes of defects
Knowledge of quality management.
The training is conducted by a quality specialist with several years of experience in the automotive industry.