- Phase 1: The objective of the FMEA
- Phase 2: What are the input data according to the FMEA type?
- Phase 3: Recommendation for an “effective” FMEA
- Phase 4: Automatic workstation: Process FMEA or Means FMEA?
- Phase 5: Support or Service FMEA
- Phase 6: reverse FMEA
- Phase 7: Practical case studies in the shop floor
The acquired knowledge is evaluated and validated at the end of the training through a quiz. This test is self-corrected with the participants and the trainer.
Participants will receive a certificate of participation in the training.
Based on dynamic pedagogy and teamwork, the participants will carry out practical exercises.
Quiz to validate the knowledge acquired.
Participant manual and specific support provided to the trainees.
This training can only be conducted in your plant in workshop mode.
Any person in charge of designing a product, and who needs to develop a specification and/or a product control plan:
- Product manager
- Customer Quality Manager
- Production manager / Process Engineering technician
- Project quality technician
Objectives and results
- Understanding the FMEA tool
- Implement the reverse FMEA
- Improve the content of your Process FMEA
- Align you’re the content of your Process FMEA to the existing process
Knowledge of quality management
The training is conducted by a quality specialist with several years of experience in the automotive industry.